Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Update #2 from Anne in Whitewater

...June 20, 2007

Hi Don et al

Just came from the Talent Show. It was just great! It felt like an old time concert.

These kids - especially the boys -- played the piano, the guitar, the flute, the bagpipes, you name it.

The girls sang and danced -- from Trinidad, Nigeria, Canada, throughout the USA – Great!

For sure, I have my work cut out for next year. We will come prepared if I have anything to do with it.

For supper, we had a hill-side picnic. The area seems to be designed for hillside concerts, etc. There is a bar and BQ equipment there, so the kids were able to play games and eat as much as they wanted.

During the evening, when the big guys were circulating, Rich came to sit at my table. After talking generally for some time, we got on to scholarships. I told him I am desirous of Shellia getting help to come to The University of Wisconsin, Whitewater.

He said he had already set up an appointment for me to see the admissions person with Shellia tomorrow, so we should know soon after that meeting if she will be given a scholarship. He told me he was very impressed with her personality. He said that he will ensure that she is given a p[position in next year's World Affairs Seminar.

Isn't all this great?

He assured me that he would like to see me come back with the next batch of kids, and he hopes that other funding agencies in Anguilla will see it important to send some more students.

So we will have to work on these things.

The focus is on the Youth, and we have to show that we mean what we say.

Good night and talk to all of you tomorrow. Please send this to Jack Billingsley as well.

Thanks
A.J.Edwards